Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5-6 minutes
Servings: 3-4 small patties
You’ll Need: Bowl, spoon, spatula, measuring cup, measuring spoons, food processor or blender, non-stick pan, paper towels. A hungry tummy!
– 2 shelled ears of fresh corn (about 1 cup)
– 1/3 white corn meal flour (PAM is a good brand)
– 1/2 a tsp of salt (or to taste)
– 2 TBSP of melted unsalted butter
– 2 TBSP of corn or canola oil
– Sour cream and fresh cheese of your liking for topping.
1) Put shelled corn in a food processor, and blend. Leave a bit chunky. Put in a bowl.
2) Add salt, butter, flour, and mix with a spoon. TIP: If needed add a pinch of sugar if the corn is not sweet enough. You need a good consistency to form pattie– not too watery or hard. If too hard add a splash of milk or if too watery add a bit more flour.
3) Heat oil in frying pan. Place patties in pan. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
4) Place cooked patties on a dish with paper towels to cool.
5) Top with as much sour cream and cheese as you like.